We hope this message finds you healthy during these challenging times as we all cope with COVID-19.
Please call 610-289-2416 during business hours to reschedule an appointment canceled due to the pandemic.
While many things have changed due to COVID-19, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits. These procedures are performed so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you more about them.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Our clinical team members are wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) according to CDC Guidelines -- including masks, gloves, eye protection, face shields, hair covers and gowns.
You will notice some changes when it is time for your next visit. They have been implemented to help protect you and our team.
• In advance of your appointment, you will be sent an email and/or text message with a link to a COVID-19 pre-screening questionnaire and other documents to review and complete electronically. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you arrive in the office. We kindly as that you do not bring along other family members to your appointment. Please contact us if you need special consideration.
• Please wear a mask upon entering the building and our office unless you have a medical reason for not being able to do so.
• Please try not to touch any items in the office or your face, mouth or eyes. Your temperature will be taken with a no-touch forehead thermometer. Our team members are also having their temperatures taken daily and are monitored for any symptoms.We will provide hand sanitizer, gloves, and safety glasses for you to wear during your appointment.
• You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since these items are difficult to sanitize. We are, however, continuously disinfecting high-touch areas (door handles, counter-tops, lavatory, etc.) in addition to our treatment areas after every patient.
• You will notice medical grade H13, true HEPA filtration air purifiers throughout the office for your safety. We have switched our pre-procedural rinse to one that helps kill viruses as well as bacteria. If you have had a filling or crown preparation in our office, you already know that we routinely use high volume suction, as well as a dental dam whenever possible, and will continue to do so, as they both are excellent infection control measures that greatly reduce viruses and bacteria that are aerosolized. We also use a funnel suction device during fillings that is placed near the mouth opening to catch even more aerosols.
• We are trying to minimize documents requiring signatures (e.g., questionnaires, informed consents, etc.) by using electronic documents instead, but you may feel more comfortable bringing along your own pen, just in case. Plexiglass sneeze guards are present at the front desk check-in and check-out areas.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the measures we have taken to keep you safe in our practice.
To schedule an appointment, please call 610-289-2416 or email: Info210@DoctorSophia.com
Thank you for being a patient in our practice. We truly value your trust and loyalty and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Dr. Sophia Kladias & Team